To show the love he has for us
Jesus has made it possible for those who desire it
not merely to look upon him
but even to touch him and to consume him;
in short, to fulfill all their love.
St. John Chrysostom, 4th century
Frequently Asked Questions
The Emmaus website contains a lot of features so we have prepared FAQ for you just in case you need to check something. If you can not find the answer here or you still hesitate, please contact us and we will try our best to assist you. God bless!
All questions related to The Emmaus library and its books.
First of all you will need to log in using your username and password. Then hover on "Create content" on the navigation bar on top, and click on "Library book (Amazon)".
Fill in form accordingly and upon submission your book information will be posted in the website.
If someone borrowed your book in future, you will need to go to your book page in this website, click on edit tab, and update the information "Is this book available?" and "Who borrowed this book?".
Of course! That's why we put the books there :)
If you have logged in, you will see the contact form on the top right side of the page. You can use that contact form to contact the book owner and arrange how the two of you can meet up and the book owner can pass you the book.
You can see the name of the book owner below the title of the book, just in case you are curious who the owner is :).
For general questions.
Yeah! You should share it with us! To do so, choose "Create content" then click on "Web links". Fill in the form accordingly and choose the group for that link and the link will appear automatically under "Links" section.
You can do mass resizing of the photos using several free software available on the internet.
In windows, you can use irfanview or vso image resizer to do mass resizing.
In mac, you can use Resize! to do mass resizing of your photos.
You will need to download those free softwares mentioned above first on the internet.
Please do not directly upload the picture taken fresh from your digital camera because the size will be very big (around 2mb or more), hehe..
All questions related to The Emmaus intercessory ministry.
The intercessory ministry invites you to be part of the chain rosary and join us for our intercessory meeting on the fourth saturday of every month, 4pm - 5pm at San Damiano Chapel (located within St.Mary Church) where we will have a short spiritual input and pray the scriptural rosary together. The intercessory meetings are open to all, so drop by anytime if you are free!:) Contact Elizabeth for more details.
The purpose of the chain rosary is to continuously lift up the intentions of the community to our Father and with the help of our Blessed Mother through the Most Holy Rosary. The idea is that every day for each week, there will be someone praying the rosary. What you can do is to choose a day of the week, say every Monday, to pray the rosary. Henceforth, you will be scheduled to pray the rosary every monday. Please contact Elizabeth if you are interested so that she can keep you in the chain rosary mailing list.
All questions related to The Emmaus media ministry.
To generate the code to be inserted in your website or blog, please visit The Emmaus facebook fan box wizard page.
To change the width and/org the height of the fan box, you can change the attributes there.
Please refer to Fan Box - Facebook developer wiki page for more information.
Media ministry covers quite a number of areas, such as designing the posters for the teaching series, maintaining this website, and all other stuffs related to communication and making use of media available.
We also want to record the sessions either in audio or video form. But we still lack of manpower and equipments. So please help us!
You can contact Valent. Or use our contact form.
Questions related to teaching ministry members.
Teaching series consists of several teaching sessions. We have teaching session every prayer meeting on Saturdays. Most of the times we cover one big topic in several sessions, such as Christifidelis Laici took up to 7 sessions last time.
To upload your presentation slides:
- Login to the Emmaus website,
- There is navigation bar on the top of page,
- Hover your mouse to "create content",
- Click on iPaper,
- On the form displayed, type the title and the description, then click on file attachment, select your slides or pdf,
- Do not click on preview, just have faith and click on the save button (cos the preview is not working for iPaper content page, i believe...)
To associate the pdf or ppt to certain teaching session:
- Click on the title of the teaching series. For the time being, you can list down all teaching series in http://stmary.sg/emmaus/sessions,
- After you click, there is two tabs below the title of the session: view and edit,
- Click on edit,
- There is teaching material section, which list down all the iPaper contents that have been created,
- Select the one you want to associate with this teaching session,
- Do not forget to update the speaker's name too,
- No need to click on file attachment. That one is used only to upload any other files for that particular content,
- Click on save.
That's it. You should be able to see your pdf or ppt inside the website :).
You can try to reduce the file size by referring to this article:
Questions related to user account, user password, etc.
Yeah, we also support signatures. You can create your signature by clicking on "My account" on top black navigation bar, click on "Edit" tab, and scroll down to "Signature settings" section (above "Picture" section).
Enter your signature there (a verse from bible or a quote from saint would be cool!) and click on "Save" button below the page. That should do :).
It is on the top right side of the page. After you click on it, log in form will be shown. If you want to register a new account, click on the "Create new account" tab and the form to register will be shown.
There are several benefits when you create an account in The Emmaus website:
- When you want to submit prayer request or testimony, you do not need to fill in your name and e-mail address anymore.
- You can submit comments and engage in the discussion topic.
- You can upload your picture so that it will look nice when you submit your comment.
- You can contact the book owner from the online form to borrow the book.
- You can submit your own books that you want to let other people borrow from you.
- You can subscribe for the updates to be sent to your e-mail.
- And many more...
so if you have not registered yourself, please click here to register :).
First of all log in to The Emmaus website as usual. Then click on "My account" button on the top black navigation bar. There are several tabs there. Click on the "Edit" tab and scroll down to "Picture" section. You can upload your picture there.